What Our Customers Say:
The service is good and quick. They had no diesel cars left, but we could choose from several gasoline cars. The only minus - too many scratches on all doors, roof ...2013-11-26Andrey
It was a little unclear at first after coming through passport control in the arrival hall, but found the rental place very quickly, bus service ok. Service was excellent, very friendly person, taking the time to explain the contract. I knew about the full tank of petrol, which I don't like, but have to accept. Also the insurance was explained. The car hire was very cheap so I wasn't expecting too much, the car had a few marks on it, but was in perfect working order. Tires could do with a renewal soon. The car was clean, radio working,so all in all I was happy.2013-11-26Marijke Phillips
Very good service.2013-11-27Frank Hemsworth
Yes everything was good2013-11-27Susan O
A Quick Guide to... Lamezia Airport
Lamezia Terme is one of the most southerly cities in Italy. Located right on the toe of the boot, it is perhaps the main tourist entry point for people wanting to explore this fantastic historic region of the country, and is well known for the many ancient buildings and ruins that dot the countryside, as well the fantastic climate in the region that makes it such a good destination to visit during the summer if you want to relax on a beach.
The modern city of Lamezia Terme is actually made up of a number of smaller historic towns that were combined into a single entity in 1968. The different towns still maintain their own identities however the surrounding suburbs have gradually blended into a single area.
Nicastro, Sambiase and Sant Eufemia Lamezia all had unique histories, and each of the town centres still has an individual character. Nicastro has a normal castle, and an abbey that dates back to 1032. Much of the oldest area of the town was destroyed in a 1638 earthquake but has been redeveloped with many renaissance buildings making up the town centre.
Sambiase was a major resort in Roman times, and the spring water in the town fed a spa and baths that was renowned across the empire. There are also many Greek Ruins around the city that date back beyond the Roman era.
Lamezia itself boasts a Norman castle that was built on top of a Roman Fortress and several other historic castles from the Knights of Malta as well as a modern eco museum.
Calabria in Southern Italy is a great place for a touring holiday, and booking car hire in Lamezia will give you the freedom to explore more widely. The beach resorts of Pizzo and Soverato are within easy driving distance, and give you a traditional Italian experience, while the San Giovani in Fiore national forest is a popular camping destination throughout the summer months, and is filled with wildlife including bears and many species of wild pig and deer.
Location of the Airport: Located south of Italy 1 km from the Lamezia exit of the A3 motorway, 8km from Caronte Terme and 36 km from Catanzaro and is easily accessible. From Lamezia Terme you can reach the thermal waters of Caronte. The surroundings are magnificent mountains and forest scenery.
Traveling to & from the Lamezia Airport :
- By Rail: The train station at the airport operates to the Catanzaro, Cosenza and Vibo Valentia and is operational only on weekdays and train tickets are purchased at the airport.
- By Bus: Bus operates regularly from the airport to the surrounding cities and beyond. A bus runs from Crotone to the airport at regular intervals.
- By Taxi: Taxi services are readily available outside the airport terminal and are reasonably priced.
Information Desk: Information desk is located centrally at the airport terminal; there is also a tourist information desk available at the terminal.
Lamezia Airport Facilities :
- Currency: ATM and bank is available at the first floor of the airport terminal, post office and bureau de change is located at the ground floor of the terminal.
- Refreshments: Fast food outlets, restaurant/, and café are available at the airport terminal and a bar attached to the restaurant/.
- Shopping: Fashion shops, gifts shops, and various other products including duty free shops are available in the arrivals and the departures of the terminal.
- Lost & Left Luggage: Left and lost luggage facility is available on the ground floor of the terminal. Trolleys are also available at the airport terminal.
- Other Facility: First aid service is opened 24 hours, children play area and chapel is available at the first floor of the terminal.
- Car parking: Car parking is located at the arrivals and the departures of the terminal having short and long term parking facility.
Lamezia Airport Disabled Facility : The airport is facilitated with accessible wheelchairs adapted toilets, telephones and various other facilities for the disabled passengers. Any assistance required by the disabled should inform their respective airlines while booking their flight.