Cheap Car Hire in California USA
Car Hire Home > Car Hire USA >Car Rental California > Best of California
Best of California
California is the third largest state of USA. Apparently the city happens to be a great tourist attraction. There are so many things to see and so many things to do- handpicking a few are quite tough. Yet I have tried to provide some information on reference of wikitravel.
Some of the most famous sights in California include:
- Golden Gate Bridge. Something of a world wonder when it opened during the Great Depression, the bridge is free to cross for cyclists and walkers. It's famous for its red color (actually orange), but also for the over 1,000 people who've committed suicide by jumping off of it.
- Alcatraz. The notorious prison island that held many famous convicts, including Al Capone.
- San Francisco's Chinatown. The largest Chinatown in the country, it is full of great restaurants and shops.
- Beverly Hills. Many stars homes, plus Rodeo Drive shopping.
- Hollywood. There are several great museums of varying subjects, plus Mann's Chinese Theater and famous streets like Sunset Boulevard lined with nightclubs and restaurants.
There is someplace else. When you are in the city do visit the Northern California Blues Festival, which is the fastest growing festival of its kind comes in June to Sacramento County around Father's day each year and usually features a spectacular line-up of Blues artists.